Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Years in California

So this year we decided to spend New years in California with Galens family. We waited to leave till the girls bedtime and then drove through the night. We made really good time and it was so nice to have the girls sleep through the night. We had so much fun spending time with his brother brandon and his wife Eppy and their beautiful girls Katie and Shaylee.
The lame thing is I didn't take my camera ot except on the day Grandma brock kept all the kids and sent us off to San Francisco. Even then I only took a few. Weird!


This is just oe of the piers but it caught my eye because all the boats were lined up so perfectly and they had so many bright colors. It looked like a post card. The one below was Galen favorite thing about San Fran..... This bush! Well actually this bush is just a bunch of tree limbs and there is a man sitting behind them. He is called "The Bush Man" (you can even pull him up on youtube) anyway this is his job and basically he sits in different places along the warf and junps out at people to scare them. Then people put money in his can! Its rumored that he makes over $100,000 a year! Galen laughed his head off! (it was pretty funny)

I thought it was kind of neat that they still turn the street cars manually! Just like they did back in the day.


Here is Galen and Eppy on the rail car after we had waited in line for an hour! Brandon is hiding bedind that guy.

1 comment:

April and Jared Fenn said...

I love San Francisco! It's been forever since I've been there. I'm glad you guys had a nice trip.