Thursday, March 19, 2009

A poop story

This is a funny story not because of the poop but because of the conversation. Jinger and Avery were taking a bath tonight and while they were playing in the bubbles I went into their bedroom to get their towels and PJ's. (it's right next to the bathroom) and this is what I hear. (and I'm not making this up)
"Um..." Avery
"What is it?" Jinger
"Um" Avery
"WHAT IS IT" Jinger (slightly more alarmed)
"Um... POOP!" Avery
"No it's not! Poop goes in the toilet!" Jinger
"What is it Ave?" Jinger
"My Poop!" Avery
"MOM! (very high pitched and frantic) "Avery Pooped in the bathtub and it's on me! It's disgusting!")
So I head into the bathroom just as Jinger is scrambling to get up and out of the water. I am just about to help her out of the tub and wham! She slips and splashes back into the water. (which gets everywhere) By now she is hysterical saying over and over " Avery got her poop on me! Wash it off!" Avery in the mean time is just sitting there trying to figure out what is going on, but becaues Jinger is so upset she starts to get upset.
"Avery did you poop in the water" me
"YES!" Jinger
"um... poop." Avery
And even though it was pretty disgusting I was doing my very best to put on my sympathetic face and to calm them both down. (I didn't want either of them to think it was a funny situation by any means.)
So. I get them both out let the water drain clean out the poop and then stand them back in the tub to wash the poop off of them and then take them back out to re rinse the tub.
"Mom, are you gong to wash the bathtub with soap?
"yes Jinger"
"Before we have to go back in?"
"yes Jinger"
silence
"cuz that's disgusting"
So I scrub the tub get it refilled add new bubbles and put the girls back into the tub. They sit there both subdued and quiet despite my reasurances. After a minute...
"Ave next time let me get out first ok"
"K" Avery

(I'm off to go clean my bathroom!)

1 comment:

April and Jared Fenn said...

oh that's too funny!! What a great story to bring up at their weddings. I love it.